Lead Coach – Head Coach Ian Angel
Hours per week: 11 hours pool time and 2 hours land training
Minimum 5 swim sessions + 1-strength and conditioning per week
To promote teamwork, be committed to make the training environment positive and productive, supporting all swimmers to achieve their full potential reaching for the highest levels of County competitions.
Development of specific skills and technical elements needed within the sport. To develop an understanding of the strategies and tactics required to swim competitively.
– Swimmers should have understanding of different energy levels used when swimming and can demonstrate this throughout a set whilstdemonstrating an understanding of their own skill/technique goals and swim objectives
– Swimmers should be able to complete 100 and 200 IM set with sufficient fundamental skills to satisfaction of the coach
– Swimmers should be able to complete 12 x 100 @ 1:50
– Regularly train 6hrs per week including morning training
– Swimmers are encouraged to compete at Level 1, 2 & 3 targeted open meets in both short and long course.
– Swimmers expected to swim for the club in Arena League and other team events as directed by the coaching staff.
– Targeting qualifying times to be able to compete at County level and be pushing to target Regional qualifying times.
– Swimmers are expected to attend as many available pool sessions (inc at least one early morning session a week) and land training as they can (one strength and conditioning session a week is compulsory).
If you do have any queries, please ask your squad Coach