Lead Coach – Paul Perry
Hours per week: 6 hours pool time and 1 hour land training
Minimum 3 swim sessions + 1-strength and conditioning per week
Advancing skills, techniques and overall athletic development with emphasis on progressing endurance and stamina ability. Begin to identify own specific swimming goals and objectives.
– Can perform a shallow racing dive from side of pool or blocks and legal turns and transitions
– Be technically proficient at 3 strokes, able to streamline and travel underwater utilizing dolphin kick (front and back)
– Must have demonstrated ability to swim a 100IM legally
– Can complete 8×50 free @1.15 with tumble turns to satisfaction of your coach
– Willingness to set personal goals (with guidance from coach), and work towards attaining them with a commitment towards any team competitions.
– Must have basic understanding of the timing clock and working towards using timing clock independently
– A desire and commitment to improve technically, physically and mentally and continue progressing through YDSC
– Have ambitions to race at County level and beyond or compete in other swim disciplines or increase swim fitness and ability
– Swimmers are expected to attend regularly as many pool session as they can each week including land-training.
– Compete in Club Championships including time trials, and begin to compete at Level 3 meets. Expected to swim for the club in Junior League and other team
events as directed by the coaching staff.
If you have any queries, please ask your squad Coach. Those Junior Development swimmers identified as ‘Development Link’ Swimmers have been invited to join Development on a Wednesday morning in replacement of the Wednesday evening session.