Lead Coach: Mark Ovens
For children who have progressed through the early ASA stages and wish to continue to follow the ASA Teaching Programme to complete Stages, 7 – 10, with a view to progressing to swim competitively
Hours per week: 3 hours pool time
To maintain a fun atmosphere whilst introducing the basic elements of competitive
– Swimmers are enthusiastic about swimming more than once per week.
– Swimmers are working on summersault turns and are learning how to perform a
– Swimmers can perform streamlining off wall on front and back.
– Swimmers can kick 25m of each stroke to a satisfactory standard.
– Swimmers can perform 25m of front-crawl, backstroke and breaststroke to the
satisfaction of the coach.
In order for the swimmer to move forwards with their swimming development it is
important that they attend as many sessions as possible. Although we don’t set a
minimum we would suggest at least 2 sessions a week.
If you have any queries, please talk to your squad Coach.