Lead Coach – Ben Card
Hours per week: 6 hours pool time and 1 hour land training
Minimum 3 swim sessions + 1-strength and conditioning per week
Advancing skills, technique and overall athletic development, with emphasis on progressing endurance and stamina ability.
– Able to complete both Pre-Pool and Post Pool and understanding of its importance.
– Understanding how to take Heart Rate (HR) including working with PB+ and RPE Model training sets.
– All four strokes legal including legal starts, turns and transitions.
– Must have demonstrated ability to swim a 200IM legally.
– Can complete 4×100 free @ 2.10 with tumble turns to satisfaction of coach.
– Willingness to set personal goals (with guidance from coach)and work towards attaining them with a commitment to team events.
– Must be able to use timing clock independently.
– Continue development fundamental movement skills as part of land training session.
– To swim successfully during club training and competitions aspiring to compete at County/ Regionals, Level 2 and 3 meets (or in other swim disciplines) with
strong commitment to the programme.
– Expected to swim for the club in Arena League and other team events as directed by the coaching staff.- Swimmers are expected to attend regularly, as many pool session as they can each week, including land-training.
– Ability to take on-board constructive criticism, verbal instructions/directions and apply to stroke
If you have any queries, please ask your squad Coach.