Lead Coach: Head Coach Ian Angel
Hours per week: 13 hours pool time and 2 hours land training
Minimum 6 swim sessions + 1 strength and conditioning per week
To promote teamwork, be committed to make the training environment positive and productive, supporting all swimmers to achieve their full potential reaching for the highest levels of County, Regional and National competitions.
Performance Squad should be leaders of the YDSC swimming program in and out of the pool and commit to making the training environment positive and productive.
– Performance Squad must be able to train with high quality technique and under their own motivation
– In 2 hour training session, swimmers must be able to complete a minimum 5km per session.
– Swimmers should be able to complete 15 x 100 @ 1:45
– Attending one strength and conditioning session a week is compulsory.
– Swimmers are expected to compete at Level 1, 2 & 3 targeted open meets in both short and long course.
– Swimmers expected to swim for the club in Arena League and other team events as directed by the coaching staff.
– Targeting qualifying times, for qualification at Regional and National events.
– Swimmers are expected to attend all available pool sessions and land training each week.
– An enhanced commitment to training is expected from the swimmers in this squad.
If you have any queries, please ask your squad Coach