Yeovil District’s vision is to provide swimmers with the optimum environment and the right opportunities at each stage of their development to enable them to achieve excellence. We will continue to strive for gold medal success through the provision of seamless pathways from early skill development to the National standard and beyond.
YDSC swimmers will be:
- encouraged to fulfil their potential as an athlete and to develop their personal and life skills;
- taught to appreciate the philosophy which embraces the virtues characteristic of all great athletes;
- encouraged to see that hard work and honest endeavour achieve success;
- brought to understand the value of supporting their team, and the value of support from their team;
- constantly challenged;
- taught to win with humility and lose with resolve, and to embrace the commitment to always do their personal best.